MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: byethost and SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
Hope all doing fine.

My domain is on byethost.com

From time to time I used to get Sql error (see attached).HuhHuh

They said ur account is standard so u need better account.
I shifted from standard to ultimate. Few days after they moved my forum to another server.

Same problem is coming.

They said ur site is busy, I replied is 30 user's max at same time considered to be busy site??? Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin ( is my site facebook and I dont know)?

They said stop plugins, knowing that I'm not using too much plugins, just few which are important for every forum.

Then again they told me u need cache for ur SQL????

Really I get headache!!! daily I have to contact them and.......etc

Please some one advice me what to do??
Is it a hosting problem or a forum problem???

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Sad
[Image: sqlerror.png]

If they won't increase your max_user_connections setting, then you'll have to change hosts. I assume you're on a free hosting account, a lot of free hosts have low limits like this and won't increase them.
could you please advice me with good hosting company?

And if yes, could u tell me briefly what things is have to do to move the forum.

By the way I stopped google analytics and many other plugins!! do this will cover the problem?? or help to solve it?

P.S I'm not using free hosting account, My account is ultimate and I pay 89$ per year.

Thanks in advance.
Then they should definitely increase this for you if you're paying them. 30 connections doesn't sound like an 'ultimate' plan to me really. Plugins shouldn't cause this, too many people are trying to connect.
Hi all,
Hope my post finds you well.

Regarding the SQL error I'm getting in my forum from bythost server(connection limit exceeded).
I contact them many times and they are saying ur site is busy but in real its not Big Grin (max 50 user's at one time).

What I want to ask is: Linking images to the posts from imageshake, and.....etc
will be considered as many connections are coming on the forum when a user open a post which contains too much linked image???

In other words, when I open a post which has many images linked out of the forum, doese the hosting company will consider too many connections are coming?

Is removing these linked images will improve the forum reliability and decrease the connection numbers??

P.S I have ultimate account from byethost and daily I face this error.

Thanks in advance.

No, the connections are to the server, it's nothing to do with images in posts.