MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting this error when upgrading from 1.2.14 to 1.6.2.

MyBB is now currently converting a section of data to the new format, this may take a while.

usergroups: Converting column type

users: Converting 0 to 7 of 7

Fatal error: [SQL] [1054] Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
SELECT uid,allownotices,hideemail,invisible,receivepms,pmnotify,remember,showsigs,showavatars,showquickreply,showredirect,away FROM mybb_users LIMIT 0, 10000 in /PATH HIDDEN FOR SECURITY REASONS/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 550

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get around this?

Have you run any other upgrade scripts on this forum...?? The code it's running is for going from 1.2 > 1.4 but the remember column is still there at that stage, it doesn't get removed until the upgrade to 1.6...
(2011-02-27, 06:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you run any other upgrade scripts on this forum...?? The code it's running is for going from 1.2 > 1.4 but the remember column is still there at that stage, it doesn't get removed until the upgrade to 1.6...

Hello Matt - I haven't run any other upgrade scripts. Should I try upgrading from 1.2 to 1.4 then 1.4 to 1.6.2?
I copied all of the 1.6.2 files and template over to my deleted forum directory. I want to just run the upgrade to convert my 1.2.14 database to 1.6.2. Also, since I ran the upgrade with 1.6.2 and it stopped during the process and had the error listed above, What happens now when I try to run the 1.4 upgrade will my database be messed up?
That won't make a difference, this code is from the 1.2 > 1.4 upgrade process. Basically the remember column has been removed from the users table, but no code in MyBB removes it until the 1.6 upgrade script, so I'm not really sure what you've done to get it to be deleted.

Run this query to add the column back, then refresh the upgrade script page and see if it happens again:

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD remember char(3) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `pmnotify`;
(2011-02-27, 06:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That won't make a difference, this code is from the 1.2 > 1.4 upgrade process. Basically the remember column has been removed from the users table, but no code in MyBB removes it until the 1.6 upgrade script, so I'm not really sure what you've done to get it to be deleted.

Run this query to add the column back, then refresh the upgrade script page and see if it happens again:

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD remember char(3) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `pmnotify`;

Before running the query I looked at the mybb_users and the remember column is already there.

Example:
pmnotify remember threadmode
yes yes linear

Matt - I think that I figured it out.

The config.php file on my test domain still was pointing to the 1.6.2 database. I changed the settings and it got past that stage.

Thanks for your help and I will post again if I have anymore problems.