MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Status updates for MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to see IPB-style status updates introduced to MyBB 2.0.

IMO, it's a neat little feature which would make MyBB a more up-to-date and functional software.

Anyone else like the idea?
p-p-p-pppp-plugin.

It's like user titles - how many people actually read those things? Moreover you have services like twitter and facebook for things like that. It's a very simple addon but one I'd rather see remain as a plugin.
(2011-02-27, 08:37 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]p-p-p-pppp-plugin.

It's like user titles - how many people actually read those things? Moreover you have services like twitter and facebook for things like that. It's a very simple addon but one I'd rather see remain as a plugin.

Honestly people don't even care about the ones on Facebook..like anyone will care what your status is on a forum where they don't even know you?
I think this was brought up before. The answer was that MyBB would rather stick to just being forum software, even though it means falling behind the trends of the more "Web 2.0" systems like XenForo and IPB. Seems fair enough, those who want Web 2.0 can use the paid solutions, those who want "just a forum" can use MyBB.
I'm using the my status plugin with 1.6 and it works fine.
(2011-02-27, 08:37 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]p-p-p-pppp-plugin.

This.