MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chat room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I currently have a shoutbox on my forum and want to change it to a chatroom. I have the url for my new chatroom but cannot figure out where I change this. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry you had to move this, I was not sure where to put it...
go to ACP>Themes and templates>templates>your theme templates>header templates>

then : if you want to show link only for your members and hidden for guests,
go to header_welcomeblock_member.php

find:<ul id="nav">

then add this below where you want to show your link:
<li><a href="your url">chat</a></li>

if you want to show to all,add in header.php
i think this will solve the issue

I inherited control of my forum and I am learning this as I go. There is not any line beginning with '<ul.' Here is what is in my header_welcomeblock_member.php

<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$modcplink}{$admincplink} &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />
<span class="links">
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
</span>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}

I probably need to add both lines but will wait for someone with the knowledge to tell me where to put them.

Thanks again

OK, I added the 2 lines I needed and moved them around. I now have a Chat button that takes me to the chatroom but, I cannot find the actual place I should have done this to have it on the existing navigation bar.

http://hightechmodz.com/forum/

If you click this you will see what I am talking about.
Actually you won`t be able to view this or go into the chat room, it is only viewable by members. You can however see the Chat button that linked to the shoutbox in the navigation bar, what it is doing is putting another in the same container that you login/register. I suppose there is somewhere I have not found that I can edit the navigation bar itself. With everyones help I am figuring this out. Any info on how to crack the navigation bar would be great!
(2011-02-28, 01:59 PM)nukeking Wrote: [ -> ]I inherited control of my forum and I am learning this as I go. There is not any line beginning with '<ul.' Here is what is in my header_welcomeblock_member.php

<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$modcplink}{$admincplink} &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />
<span class="links">
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
</span>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}

I probably need to add both lines but will wait for someone with the knowledge to tell me where to put them.

Thanks again

OK, I added the 2 lines I needed and moved them around. I now have a Chat button that takes me to the chatroom but, I cannot find the actual place I should have done this to have it on the existing navigation bar.

http://hightechmodz.com/forum/

If you click this you will see what I am talking about.
Actually you won`t be able to view this or go into the chat room, it is only viewable by members. You can however see the Chat button that linked to the shoutbox in the navigation bar, what it is doing is putting another in the same container that you login/register. I suppose there is somewhere I have not found that I can edit the navigation bar itself. With everyones help I am figuring this out. Any info on how to crack the navigation bar would be great!

which theme are you using,
see in header template......
header.php

open and find:
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php" class="calendar">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>

then add the html code after it,that links to your chat.....