MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Errors During Last Step
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My attempt to merge a vB 3.7 forum to MyBB went smoothly, until I attempted to migrate the attachments. I received the following error:

[Image: mybb_error.jpg]

What's worse, I can no longer log in. When I try, I receive this error:

[Image: mybb_error2.jpg]

What am I doing wrong? Confused
First error is due to a host problem.
Second, what plugins are you running?? They are probably 1.4 plugins that need further modification to work in 1.6
(2011-02-28, 01:16 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]First error is due to a host problem.
Second, what plugins are you running?? They are probably 1.4 plugins that need further modification to work in 1.6

The strange thing is, I've used the merge system to set up a MyBB forum on this host before. Is there a reason why this particular instance would be different?

As far as plugins are concerned, this was a fresh install of MyBB. No plugins have been installed yet.
What version of the merge system are you using? That second error is from the merge system's loginconvert plugin, which has been fixed for a long time.
I'm using merge system 1.6.1. The loginconvert is in /inc/plugins.
And you used http://yourdomain.com/yourforumfolder/merge/ for the merge, and not http://yourdomain.com/yourforumfolder/convert which would be an outdated version of the merge system? (I ask since you said you did a merge before, but didn't specify how long ago)
And you're sure that loginconvert you have there isn't outdated?
Try manually uploading the loginconvert from the merge system 1.6.1 package, I know that is a correct version of the plugin.
Ok, I deleted the loginconvert.php and manually uploaded the one from the package. I can log in now! (Yay!).

Unfortunately, I still am stuck at the first error. I can confirm that I'm using yoursudbdomain.yoursite.com/merge (not convert).
The first error is a host issue during the cleanup phase (which is run automatically once you run all modules) so you're past the attachments phase anyways. You don't HAVE to finish the rest, it just removes extra tables and fields from the DB. However, if you want it to work, contact your host and get the SQL limits raised.
Ah, so that's the issue. When I tried to delete a category, I received an error to this affect.

This must apply to many sites, though, because I have two communities with over 2 million posts on the host. This one is smaller, with only 500k posts.

I'll try to investigate the SQL limit. Thank you for your help!
I've never seen the error before. And it probably isn't all that common, it takes a VERY large SQL packet usually to cause that error.
Pages: 1 2