MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

am a new member here on mybb community, and i have read most of the post and am delighted, i just want to know if possible you can help me to integrate a plugin to mybb that would allow a members to upload Pdf, doc, docx and pptx and have a shared link for it, so that non-members can view it in those format or any other format but will not have access to change it but they should be able to view and download it... i think the link can work with there user Id.

Admin, should be able to specify the following in Admin CP

1. max size of file to upload

2. disable the features for a particular members

3. have a list of members that is using the application

Thanks
So you want users to be able to download .doc files and not be able to change them...yeah definitely don't think that's possible, and if it is, no ones going to do it for free. (IDK maybe Google can find results)

(2011-02-28, 11:48 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]So you want users to be able to download .doc files and not be able to change them...yeah definitely don't think that's possible, and if it is, no ones going to do it for free. (IDK maybe Google can find results)

What i mean is that when the user have the share link they can give it out to people to view the uploaded file and the people also should be able to download the file too.
just set the guests group to be able to download attachments but not upload them. that way when someone attaches a file to a post, anyone can copy the link to the attachment and share that. The ACP already supports:

1) the max upload for each group as a total amount for all attachments
2) what file types and individual sizes are allowed for each type
3) view the group that has upload permissions and list the users in it.

It will NOT track what users (guests or otherwise) have downloaded the file though