MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: google
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why dont i have any links in google, i have many in msn ect but none in google
thats weird, wene i did a link popularity check itr said none
That's not a mybb problem.

regards
well i thought it was because i read somewhere that mybb dosent get indexed for google
You should try a different approach.
MyBB search.

Doing "www.domain.com" is not much use unless you want a popularity search (as stated). That will show you which sites link to yours, but only if they use www.domain.com as the textual link. It won't show sites that use <a href="www.domain.com">a great site</a>. You need a slightly different search query for that.

Using "site:domain.com" gets the total amount of pages indexed.
Using "site:adminstop.net" only gave me 20 pages indexed, none of them showthread.php. However, I searched zaher's site and got 372, most of them showthread.php. You need a bit more time before google will index you it seems (GoogleBot on the forums as I was looking at yours Toungue).
Also, the Googlebot searches your site throught the homepage links (unless you have google sitemaps), so if your forum is not listed as a url on your homepage, it won't get indexed.
willow Wrote:well i thought it was because i read somewhere that mybb dosent get indexed for google
o.o

I can assure you that is rubbish.

Where did you read it?
What Chris said.

I just did a google site: search here and apparently everything is being indexed, from login to calendar to *gasp* posts. Including the showthread ones.

Of course, my main site which links to it is has a page rank of 6. (The forum, however, has a page rank of 1.) And I put my forum in a subdirectory to avoid the whole www. hassle.

silverwing
Someone came up with the idea that Google doesn't index any dynamic PHP pages.

Well, they may not have in the past but I know that they certainly do now.