MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost installed Smillies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you have a link? Maybe they wiped the images folder or something Confused
(2011-03-01, 12:48 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link? Maybe they wiped the images folder or something Confused

the link is in my sig on here
this is the answer my host has sent back

Hello Kelvin,

Unfortunately the instructions within the zip file you sent are quite different and if this is what caused some files to be lost, then please accept my apologies.

Here are the upgrade notes which were part of the 1.6.2 zip file you sent, I also attach the file and you can find these notes within the "documentation" folder. (By the way, we followed the same procedure every time the upgrade was requested).

Unzip the release archive to your computer using an archive utility capable of decompressing the download format you chose (WinZip, WinRAR)
Using an ftp client (FlashFXP, FileZilla, SmartFTP), upload the contents of the 'Upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following file:
./inc/settings.php
In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/upgrade.php on to the end of it.

If you installed your forums to http://www.yoursite.com/forums/, then you would visit http://www.yoursite.com/forums/install/upgrade.php
Select the version of MyBB which you were previously running and click 'Next.' Follow the upgrade process through making sure each step is completed successfully before clicking 'Next' to continue with the next steps of the upgrade process.
Once the upgrade process has completed, please remove the install directory from your web server and follow any remaining instructions in the upgrade wizard, or in the announcement for the upgrade. This can include reverting selected templates to default.
The procedure above advises to replace all files apart from /inc/settings.php which keeps the database connection info etc.

You didn't need to run the upgrade script for this upgrade, but even if it was run, it wouldn't have done this.

This is why it's better to do upgrades yourself, and read the blog post about the release, which gives specific information about the upgrade.

What else has gone from your forum...??
(2011-03-01, 01:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't need to run the upgrade script for this upgrade, but even if it was run, it wouldn't have done this.

This is why it's better to do upgrades yourself, and read the blog post about the release, which gives specific information about the upgrade.

What else has gone from your forum...??

all the graphics that incudes the graphics i installed for the staff and members.

If i could get the data base would it be possilble to have the software installed again and install the database

The database isn't going to help with this... it seems the FTP client your host used was misconfigured, and it's overwritten files that were on your server but weren't in the download. If it's set up properly it wouldn't do this.
Do you not have a backup AT ALL for those images? If you do you'd need to simply re-upload them.

You could try using google cache if you dont have them Smile
(2011-03-01, 07:45 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you not have a backup AT ALL for those images? If you do you'd need to simply re-upload them.

You could try using google cache if you dont have them Smile

i have found those images and i have got coppies of the plugins i was using but i did try to upload one plugin but it did not work when i activated it

i am still looking for the theme i had installed, that might help if i can get that installed again.

Why didn't it work?
(2011-03-01, 09:37 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Why didn't it work?

the original plugins are still in the settings when i goto the plugins to activate them they are not there.

when i reupload them and activate they do not work, so in the settings i can't delete them to start again because there are no plugins in the inc/plugin folder.

my host has got the them up and running.

So is everything okay now?
Pages: 1 2 3