MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a Security question to admin panel login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends,
I have been in discussion in some forums regarding the security of admin panels for mybb and how to make it more secure.

I have seen a thread regarding the six ways to make mybb more secure in here in thia community.

But,i just have an idea of just adding a security question during login will make the admin panels more secure.

I saw thi in some forum software as well i think there is a plugin for general member login here in mybb.

So can any one make a plugin or a tutorial in implementing a security question for admin panel.login that helps in keeping forums more secure

Thank you.
Bump bump any one please
bump no one???????please
It's not really necessary. Add an htpasswd instead. It's more secure than your suggestion.
Change admin directory, add .htaccess to admin directory.
Disable all IPs
Whitelist your IP.
(There are some flaws to this, such as if you have a dynamic IP you may need to update the .htaccess frequently)
Or you can just password protect the directory so you can have 2 different passwords. Also just change the passwords once a month just incase someone gets past the first stage.