MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging Last Few Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unfortunately, 100% of the users showed up on the new forum as "Registered," rather than in their respective usergroups. I cannot add 630 users to 114 usergroups manually. Could this have something to do with the fact that most ACP functions are reserved for super admins, who are granted access via /includes/config.php? Is there any way to make the usergroups migrate successfully? As I mentioned, I've successfully merged a vB3.7 forum before, so I'm not sure what's causing the usergroup merge to fail.
No way to know for sure what happened w/out access to your dbs & files, but no, the merging of data has nothing to do with how MyBB does Super Admins. It doesn't even care. The most likely culprit is some mod for vB changing how it handles groups.
(2011-03-02, 09:59 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]No way to know for sure what happened w/out access to your dbs & files, but no, the merging of data has nothing to do with how MyBB does Super Admins. It doesn't even care. The most likely culprit is some mod for vB changing how it handles groups.

Ok, I've come to terms with the idea that I will probably have to add usergroups by manually ( Sad ). Can I completely configure my board, install plugins, and get everything ready prior to running the merge? That'd remove some of the downtime for the current community.
As I explained, you can partially run the merge, do the configuration, then finish the merge. For example, you can run just the usergroup and users phases, do that configuration, and then finish the rest of the phases. And yes you can install plugins prior to merging.
Sounds like that's going to be my best way forward. I'll give it a shot.

Thank you for your patience and assistance!
Pages: 1 2