MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging Last Few Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This question is for me, but I think that the answer could help many users. Following a merge, it can take a while to adjust the appropriate permissions, test usergroups, update visibility, etc. One of my forums, for example, supports private staff forums for several portals. It is going to take me a while to re-add 630 users to 114 usergroups and test their permissions.

During this process, I can't close my original board. It is an invaluable resource for our staff. Once the new board goes live, is there any way to pull over posts made post-merge? Even if it is not easy to do so, I would be interested in doing so.

Thank you for your assistance.
Well, it isn't really necessary since you don't need to do most of what you listed there. Usergroups are imported. And every user should import with the correct groups already. The only thing you should have to check is permissions.

Anyways, there is no way to bring over just the posts, unless you do not complete the merge. What you could do is this:
(start fresh)
On your existing forums, disable new accounts
Merge everything except posts
Do all your adjustments
Close the original forums
Merge posts
Open new forums.
Unfortunately, the usergroups and permissions were not migrated correctly. I think that it may have something to do with the fact that admin permissions are severely limited on the old forums, unless the admin is added to a document on the host. Even if I run the full merge again, the usergroups and permissions would have to be set manually. Is there any way to allow the merge system access?

I've configured the new site, added plugins, post icons, smilies, etc. How would I re-run the merge without losing this work?
It's exactly what it says it is a merge it will just add to the database not overwrite it so any setting s and stuff already in the database will remain.
I hope that is clear as i'm rather tiered.
(2011-03-02, 12:06 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]It's exactly what it says it is a merge it will just add to the database not overwrite it so any setting s and stuff already in the database will remain.
I hope that is clear as i'm rather tiered.

Ah, so will it create duplicates of current posts/threads/users if I run it again?
if you have already run them in the merge then yes it will.
Arg. Any chance of fixing the problem with it now connecting usergroups to users?
What board system are you merging from? Because this really shouldn't be an issue.
And no, you can't re-do the merge system w/out reverting to a pre-merge backup of the MyBB forum and running it again from scratch, at which point you can do as I suggested above.
I'm merging from vBulletin 3.7. We have two separate communities using vB3.7. Our public community merged just fine, usergroups and all. Our staff community merged ok, but users weren't placed into usergroups. The only difference that I can see is that admins in the staff community must be added to /includes/config.php.

I may just have to re-run the merge, which is fine, but I need to figure out why usergroups aren't being assigned.
You only have to add them if you want them to be Super Admins. Normal Admins are just group based.
Pages: 1 2