MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My forum is setup so that a user doesn't have to register and can manually type in their username. I have some users who are typing in their email address like [email protected]. This tweaks the template so that their name is wider then regular people that reply. So the template looks stretched for that user and the post below isn't stretched.

Is there a plugin or a way that I can fix this?
In the normal forum settings, you can limit the length of user names.
If you don't want the "@", you might look at this discussion here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-34668-page-2.html
Its not the @ he wants rid of, its random Domains Smile
He wanted to get rid of user names that are too wide, excluding the domain and the @ would help achieve that.
It would also completely confuse members, who register with one name, but their login is cropped.

It is better to somehow limit the length of username to say 20 characters.
I think his problem stems from the fact that these "users" are likely bots.
Heres a suggestion but you'll have to get help from someone who is good at theme if you can't do it yourself.

You can put the username in a div with a fixed width and no overflow. Then add js or css that will scroll the long username in the div.
Just change the template so word wrap is set to break word Toungue Long names will split over 2 lines then.