MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleted Threads go to Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible for deleted threads to go to a specific forum for archiving purposes. So that If I ever need to bring up what was deleted I can...

Thanks
Matt,
Rather than create a plug in for this, why not create a "hidden" forum, then just move post threads to that forum!
Yup, I wasn't thinking when I posted this thread. I thought about that, but thought this would be easier. This thread can be closed now.
There is already a trashcan plugin that moves threads when moderators delete them:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/trash-can-forum
(2011-03-03, 08:10 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]There is already a trashcan plugin that moves threads when moderators delete them:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/trash-can-forum

HeHe, searching fail xD I never use the MyBB Mods search, Google Heart

Anyways.

I use that plugin and highly recommend it. Whoever deletes a thread or post, it cans moved/posted in a certain forum. If you want it permamently gone, you need to hit the purge trash button to remove them.
I might go with the trashcan plugin, and yes it was a fail. The said thing is I did google it. Regardless, does it permanently delete it if you use the button on the post by default? I am not talking about the plugin but at the normal feature.
@ Matt

I don't now if I understood you right, but no. Deleted posts (or threads), all of them go to Trash Forum when this plugin is enabled. Once there, if you use the 'Purge Trash' button, yes, they will be permanently deleted.
No I was asking if without using the plugin, does it still permanently delete it if i use the ordinary button.
(2011-03-08, 01:48 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]No I was asking if without using the plugin, does it still permanently delete it if i use the ordinary button.

Without the plugin, delete is delete.
(2011-03-08, 01:48 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]No I was asking if without using the plugin, does it still permanently delete it if i use the ordinary button.

Yes. But there is also the possibility of adding the undelete plugin.