MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How should i set permission at windows server to be secure ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How should i set permission at windows server to be secure ?

i am using windows server 2008 r2 as a hosting environment

i gave all permissions to install but now how should i set permission ?

would letting all permissions cause any security leak ?
Are you talking about file permissions or forum permissions?
(2011-03-02, 02:45 AM)ment Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-02, 01:47 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about file permissions or forum permissions?
Big GrinCool

Wtf is this supposed to mean?
(2011-03-02, 01:20 AM)MonsterMMORPG Wrote: [ -> ]How should i set permission at windows server to be secure ?

i am using windows server 2008 r2 as a hosting environment

i gave all permissions to install but now how should i set permission ?

would letting all permissions cause any security leak ?

i think u should contact ur host about ur windows server, and making it more secure.
it is file permission.

forum is setup and running atm without any problem
I would contact your host and provide them with the permission requirements for MyBB, and see what permissions they say you should set. I can't really be much help, as I have only ever used Windows Server for AD's, not IIS.
(2011-03-02, 07:10 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I would contact your host and provide them with the permission requirements for MyBB, and see what permissions they say you should set. I can't really be much help, as I have only ever used Windows Server for AD's, not IIS.

they really cant help about this. because what vulnerabilities mybb has they dont know. also what permissions mybb requires they dont know.

so only expert mybb user can help.