MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spambots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The recent increased flow of spam bots concerns me, have you guys ever thought of beefing up the registration security? To be honest, I think it would benefit the community if the staff gave a couple active people the power and responsibly to delete spam threads (and only spam threads) when this kind of thing happens, its getting pretty ridiculous and the "report" button doesn't help much either.

Just my thoughts.
I find report button useful. Used it twice in the last 5 minutes, both completed.
(2011-03-02, 02:17 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I find report button useful. Used it twice in the last 5 minutes, both completed.

Same. Its starting to annoy me though. Just saying. I hope these spam bots stop.
The problem with it we would probably run into issues like we did with the mentor system.(even though they had no powers.)

And, besides people would be working to just get this power and may abuse so it may cause more work in the end if there is one wrong choice.
You should take not that it's not spam bots, it's people who are paid to signup to forums and spam. Even with 20 captchas or human verifications methods, they could still signup and spam.
(2011-03-02, 02:17 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I find report button useful. Used it twice in the last 5 minutes, both completed.

That's one thing which can be used, that's the only one Confused
There's about 5 spambots registering here a day (wild guess Toungue), I really don't see why the StopForumSpam for MyBB mod can't be installed here (I know it's a policy of "you run what we run") but it would be good to promote anti-spam Big Grin
(2011-03-02, 04:53 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with it we would probably run into issues like we did with the mentor system.(even though they had no powers.)

And, besides people would be working to just get this power and may abuse so it may cause more work in the end if there is one wrong choice.
Or, just add it onto an additional group and PM the user asking if they want the extra power? So you only know if you've proven to deserve it.

I posted a thread liken this a few days ago and it seemed widely ignored. The spambots are really annoying me.
I don't see why any are implimented, most users won't see it.
Pages: 1 2