MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My SQL Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I am not sure what happened, but my friend had to create a new My SQL database. How do we switch the database over?
Change the details in ./inc/config.php to reflect your old database settings.
(2011-03-02, 04:04 AM)radioactive Wrote: [ -> ]Well I am not sure what happened, but my friend had to create a new My SQL database. How do we switch the database over?

Aside from editing the config file, did you mean importing a database backup?
I am not sure we made a database backup. He may still have the old mySQL database though. That is kind of what we are trying to do.
You need to take a backup of the old MySQL database, and import it into the new MySQL database. Once you do that, edit ./inc/config.php, changing the MySQL database name, user and password.
I know this is a bit late, but I cannot access the forum as the database was already changed.
Do you still have access to your old database either through phpmyadmin or cpanel or any backups of the old database? If you don't then there would be no way to import it. Check with your host, alot of hosts also make automatic backups so you might be able to get get the database from them.