MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP - General Configuration errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have moved my forum from one domain name to another on the same host using the same MySQL ddb - It was a bit tricky but I got it done.

I did have issues with log on and log out and out but I have that solved - Before I was unable to stayed logged in the ACP and every time I published a configuration change I would be logged out and the changes not published.

So I started to edit the /inc/settings.php manually and I got it working again.

BUT Updates in the ACP break the theme and I think the login issues come back as well, I have not let it go on too long as I do not want to have issues waiting for users.

Now every time I make any changes in the ACP in any section I go to the forum and the theme is all messed up. I am using the default theme at this point.

The only way I can solve it is to FTP the old setting.php file back to /inc/

/inc/setting.php is set @ 666 permissions....

Any one have any ideas about this and what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
What does it break exactly? The layout? Is the colouring missing?
(2011-03-02, 07:39 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]What does it break exactly? The layout? Is the colouring missing?

Layout / tables are all skewed no longer defined by background colours, everything is right justified on the page it seems.

All background Colours are missing it is still formatted text.

it is functional but it looks bare bones....

The link colours are working.

Only happens when I publish setting changes from the ACP..
New things I am finding...

If I optimize the database the theme is broken...

I found this as well.

For the post smilies most of them where working except for three of them one of them is : /images/smilies/my.gif

I can edit the smilies in ACP and I do so by putting the full path to the smilies:
/forums/images/smilies/my.gif

When I make the changes it is corrected and does not break the theme.All the other smilies except for the three broken ones do not have the full path noted above.
Could we please get a screenshot..?
Sounds like the CSS to me. That often happens if you don't move hosts correctly

What is you forum link?
It seems you are editing your inc/settings.php and not making the same changes in the admincp too. So anytime you save in admincp, the settings.php file is regenerated with the current unchanged values in the database and all the changes you made are reverted to what they were.

You should only make changes directly in settings.php file to temporarily change the settings to get you in to the admincp long enough to make the actual changes.

Do the following:
- edit the settings.php file and update your cookie domain, cookie prefix and bburl settings. Don't edit anything else. Don't worry about the broken theme, we'll get to that.
- Now login to admincp and go to general configuration and update your cookie domain, cookie prefix and bburl there as well.
- This will regenerate the settings.php with the correct settings and you should stay logged in
- You now no longer need to edit the settings.php file, make the changes you want in admincp.

Your theme should also have fixed itself with the bburl change, if it doesn't post back and let us know.
(2011-03-03, 07:40 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]It seems you are editing your inc/settings.php and not making the same changes in the admincp too. So anytime you save in admincp, the settings.php file is regenerated with the current unchanged values in the database and all the changes you made are reverted to what they were.

You should only make changes directly in settings.php file to temporarily change the settings to get you in to the admincp long enough to make the actual changes.

Do the following:
- edit the settings.php file and update your cookie domain, cookie prefix and bburl settings. Don't edit anything else. Don't worry about the broken theme, we'll get to that.
- Now login to admincp and go to general configuration and update your cookie domain, cookie prefix and bburl there as well.
- This will regenerate the settings.php with the correct settings and you should stay logged in
- You now no longer need to edit the settings.php file, make the changes you want in admincp.

Your theme should also have fixed itself with the bburl change, if it doesn't post back and let us know.

I have done that exactly. It seems to have one the trick.

Thank you very much for the support :-)

http://thewatchtowers.com/forums/forumdi...d=4&page=1