MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image Limit through User Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm suggesting that the user permissions regarding images in posts shouldn't be a general limit for the complete board, it should be controlled by usergroups. It would work by going into Users and Groups, Permissions, and below that "Maximum Images per Post".

We would have more control over the permissions users (and groups) receive.
(2011-03-02, 08:30 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]I'm suggesting that the user permissions regarding images in posts shouldn't be a general limit for the complete board, it should be controlled by usergroups. It would work by going into Users and Groups, Permissions, and below that "Maximum Images per Post".

Unless you're running an image board (in which case you should be using Wakaba and Kareha or similar), an increased image limit is not really an incentive. If your users are posting images incessantly you might have bigger issues to worry about.
This could be done with a plugin easily enough.
(2011-03-02, 11:43 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-02, 08:30 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]I'm suggesting that the user permissions regarding images in posts shouldn't be a general limit for the complete board, it should be controlled by usergroups. It would work by going into Users and Groups, Permissions, and below that "Maximum Images per Post".

Unless you're running an image board (in which case you should be using Wakaba and Kareha or similar), an increased image limit is not really an incentive. If your users are posting images incessantly you might have bigger issues to worry about.

We have content developers who write 5-10 page (A4) tutorials with sometimes over 100+ images. The images aren't large so I don't have to worry, but because of this I had to raise the image limit to 50 for the general board which I didn't want.
(2011-03-03, 03:05 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]We have content developers who write 5-10 page (A4) tutorials with sometimes over 100+ images. The images aren't large so I don't have to worry, but because of this I had to raise the image limit to 50 for the general board which I didn't want.

I'm in the same boat. I have a forum for projects that require text and supporting pictures and want to limit the number available to be posted to certain users.

Is this something being looked at or has it just been ignored?