MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL Issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Basically, my forum messed up. I backed up the database and then installed a fresh mybb. I then restored the database and went to config.php to replace the new one with the one I restored.

However, I don't have the password to the one i've restored. I don't recall ever setting or making one and when I see the new database password in config.php, it looks extremely complex so I know I didn't make it up and was newly generated.

Is it possible for me to recover this password so I can restore my database?

Many Thanks,

Alan
The password is for the database user to access the database, you deal with this in your host control panel. It's not a password to protect the database or anything, you don't need it to use the backup, it's completely unrelated to it... the password in config.php is what you would have put into the installation script when you installed...
(2011-03-02, 09:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The password is for the database user to access the database, you deal with this in your host control panel. It's not a password to protect the database or anything, you don't need it to use the backup, it's completely unrelated to it... the password in config.php is what you would have put into the installation script when you installed...

Thanks for such a quick reply. When I just replace the database name in config.php, I receive this error:-

[Image: 11tmryr.png]
You're using the incorrect username or password for the user connecting to the database.
Solved, thanks guys.

/Closed.