MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting this SQL error. How to Fix it.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'gid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','scd_hide_fg','SCD Hide From Groups','Hide the contents of selected MyCode tags in your posts from selected groups.','500','no')

Disabling the plugin called "SCD Hide From Groups" should fix this.
The plugin seems to have been written incorrectly
The plugin isn't written incorrectly. In point of fact, this user has already received an answer to this in my thread on the plugin - and warned not to create multiple threads asking the same thing.

The field is auto-increment, so NULL is a valid value to pass to it. This is not a problem with the plugin, but rather with something with his database, or his MySQL server.

Either way: Stop posting the same question over and over when you've been answered. This is not the fault of the plugin, every user that has complained of this has the same problem with all plugins.
My apologies. I am not spaming or anything else. The confusion is i thought there was a problem with the Plugin, i posted the Question in the Plugin Thread for OP, but no answer.

Then i tried the other Plugin, and i posted the Q in his thread, which i thought could be other/different issue, but no response. But then someone mentioned it is my SQL issue, so i thought post the Q in new thread (which i created duplicate by mistake).

So in short, i am not spaming just misunderstood the problems.

I appreciate your help, i will check out the your solution and let you know.

thanks.

(2011-03-03, 10:39 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin isn't written incorrectly. In point of fact, this user has already received an answer to this in my thread on the plugin - and warned not to create multiple threads asking the same thing.

The field is auto-increment, so NULL is a valid value to pass to it. This is not a problem with the plugin, but rather with something with his database, or his MySQL server.

Either way: Stop posting the same question over and over when you've been answered. This is not the fault of the plugin, every user that has complained of this has the same problem with all plugins.