MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banning Email Addresses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this....

*@sify.com

Added to my "banned" email address list at my forum, but still get loads of folks (spammers or whatever, folks who never post a thing) signing/registering using this email address. I don't know why this happens, whether I have done something wrong in the way it's added, or what?

Any help would be appreciated, I'd be much happier not having to delete all the "users" with the above email address!!
If you banned it correctly no one should be able to register with it.
Okay, well if adding it just like I'm showing in the first post, isn't the correct way to add it, then what would the correct way be? If the way I show above IS the correct way, then why are folks still able to register?

Unfortunately your reply hasn't been of any help at all, since I had already stated how the email is added at my forum!!
You don't have to use *@sify.com, just enter sify.com and see if that works.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP_..._Addresses
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Smile
Okay, I have that set up now, but if I remember correctly there is a way of setting things up so as when anyone registers/signs up to the forum, the Admin would get an email saying that someone has just registered. I may be wrong about this, but if not how can it be set up?
There isn't an option for this by default, but I do remember there being a plugin somewhere. I can't find it at the moment though, sorry.
Thanks for letting me know, at least I now know it requires a plug in and is not an option.....I'll have a look around for it. Smile