MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ok
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now as you will see i am new and please forgive me if this has already been suggested,

I have two suggestions:

1)
When you set different groups permissions you can choose what they can actually do inside the admin cp (this one probably will have been requested before)

2)
You kind of try and make mybb a bit easier to install as to be honest i am hosted from tronixhosting and i had to get one of their support operators to set it up for me as i did not have a clue and even watching them do it i still did not know what was going on Sad
Quote:When you set different groups permissions you can choose what they can actually do inside the admin cp (this one probably will have been requested before)

well this is somehow available but memberswise not groupswise. You can specify the permissions inside the admin cp for each user who has access to the admin cp.

Quote:You kind of try and make mybb a bit easier to install as to be honest i am hosted from tronixhosting and i had to get one of their support operators to set it up for me as i did not have a clue and even watching them do it i still did not know what was going on
Mybb installtion is so easy, but if you dont have any background about the some of the things, you might get lost, for example the mysql information. and i'm sure this were your problem occured.

However mybb 1.2 is comming a new installation. Wink i heard that it is amazing

regards
asa_201 Wrote:1)
When you set different groups permissions you can choose what they can actually do inside the admin cp (this one probably will have been requested before)
Already in 1.2

zaher1988 Wrote:However mybb 1.2 is comming a new installation. Wink i heard that it is amazing
The procedure for installation in 1.2 is mostly the same way as the existing. The UI has just been revamped.
yeah, np just in case some finds the UI confusing and not only the required info.
Ah ok thanks for that also can someone tells me when the next version comes out how do we update and will our boards posts etc be gone?
The update process won't wipe your posts or users.
asa_201 Wrote:Ah ok thanks for that also can someone tells me when the next version comes out how do we update and will our boards posts etc be gone?
Nobody here rally knows when it's going to be released, but when it is, the update will be like previous versions. You would just have to upload all files except inc/config.php and inc/settings.php and then browse to install/update.php in your internet browser, select your current installation and follow the update procedure. If no critical errors occure, you won't lose any of your data (posts, users, ...) so don't worry.

I personnaly think that 1.2 won't be released before mid-June. But I'm not in the developing theme so I can't know for sure so don't go tell everyine you know a release date, because it isn't. It's just a wild guess!
oh god i have to upload things, oh dear i think someone will need to create a how to do post and do it for n00bs lol as i didnt even manage to install it in the first place and dont where what files are Toungue
Losts of what you want is available as tutorials.
And also the WIKI has alot to tell. Smile

regards
mmm ok thanks Smile
Pages: 1 2