MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: to revert the url naming/extension?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently, i use the htaccess.txt file includes in mybb package.
So now i have a .html extension in every link/page

But when i install the Google SEO plugin,
I have soo many error, one of that is in the .htaccess ..

How can i change back to the original url naming and change back the htaccess to the original?
Because when i change the htaccess right now, i have an error in every links in the pages..
or is there another way to install the Google SEO without chaging back the htaccess?

Hope somebody can help me. :-( Sad
You probably just didn't make the edits to the .htaccess file necessary for Google SEO to work, but if you just upload a copy of the htaccess.txt file from a new download and rename it to .htaccess again, and uninstall Google SEO, it'll use the old URLs again...
even if i edit the htacces for Google SEO, still i have an error.
For now, i would like to know on how to revert/change back the url naming extension from these:
Quote:forum-4.html to forumdisplay.php?fid=4, which "forumdisplay.php?fid=4" is the default of mybb
Oh, just disable the Search Engine Friendly URLs in the Server and Optimization settings...
i will try that tomorrow
thanks for the quick response
is it advisable or necessary to install the Google SEO?
or it is redundant already with the Search Engine Friendly URLs in the Server and Optimization settings?
the Search Engine Friendly URLs are the worst option technically, because they cause a lot of duplicate content

So if you don't want to use Google SEO for some reason, I recommend the standard URLs showthread.php?tid=123
i already do that thing, the current url format is already showthread.php?tid=123
But when i install Google SEO, all the links are not found,
Only index are working..
in Google SEO plugin there's no error
all the htacces, function edit are done already
How to fix that error ?
Did you disable "Search engine friendly URLs" from within GoogleSEO's settings?
Soo it neccesarry to disable the Search engine friendly URLs?
Nope, i set it to automatic..
So by, Disable the Search engine friendly URLs? will now work Google SEO?
Wait, do you want search engine friendly URLs or not?
Pages: 1 2