MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB CONFIG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI ALL!

new to this forum game, so please excuse it im in the wrong place.

Just trying out MyBB for a project a couple of Senior Managers want setup. I believe that this software will fit the bill just right.

I have mybb setup on a VPC using Xampp.

The problem i have is they dont want you use the software for discussions, but for an information/notice board instead. Here's my example:

1. They want a main board called "Labour Market Information"

2. under LMI will be sub sections for different regions: North England, South England etc

3. Under North England, someone will place a notice saying "Tesco's being build in this town on this date blabla". and another person may need to add to this info later.

What they want is the info that someone has entered can be amended so that is shows as one peice of info (one big post). And under the same thred may be a new post with different info, that can also be amended.

Is this right software for the job, that just needs to be configured in the manner that I need? or should i be looking else where?!

Like i said im new to this forum bussiness and any help would be greatly appreiciated.
Why not just use a one thread layout for the forums? Have three forums, and just link them directly to one thread, so everything is a post. It seems like there are no non admin comments.
Though really, i'd say a CMS not a forum software is better for this.
I can agree with Aristotle, a CMS such as Drupal or Joomla would be better choice.