MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
thanks for making time for others.

Recently upgraded from 1.411 -> 1.602
Upgrade went smoothly, no errors.

Error: as SuperUser -> login -> Admin cp -> Dashboard ->

See 2 users Awaiting Activation ->

click on Awaiting Activation ->

Lists 2 users

Click on options -> scroll to delete user ->

Dialog says "Are you sure you wish to delete this user?"

click -> "Ok"

Receive this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'
QueryBig GrinELETE FROM mybb_moderators WHERE uid='425'

url: (I removed actual path and substituted foo.bar/admin)
http://foo.bar/admin/index.php?module=us...f9c7eed09b
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any suggestions as to why this error is appearing and what to do to fix it to permit deleting users (100% spam users).
Thanks,
adamf7

Looks like you've not followed all the instructions; either you've still got 1.4 code running, or you left a 1.4 plugin active. Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > does it say any files are changed??
(2011-03-03, 12:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you've not followed all the instructions; either you've still got 1.4 code running, or you left a 1.4 plugin active. Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > does it say any files are changed??

I do not see "File Verification" you indicate in your path above when I go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance.

There are some files under UTF-8 conversion that are listed as "X-convert now"

adamf7
It's under 'Optimize Database' in the menu on the left. If it's not there, you've not upgraded properly.
(2011-03-03, 02:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's under 'Optimize Database' in the menu on the left. If it's not there, you've not upgraded properly.

I guess I have not upgraded properly since I see under 'Optimize Database' :

"Table Selection
You may select the database tables you wish to perform this action on here. Hold down CTRL to select multiple tables.

Select All
Deselect All
Select Forum Tables"

Do you recomend I upgrade from the old version again? I kept notes of the upgrade and I followed the instructions when comparing the notes to the upgrade instructions. Any ideas as to where I might have not upgraded properly?

Thanks,
adamf7
No you're not looking in the right place Undecided It's under 'Optimize Database' in the menu on the left, which is what I said above...
[attachment=21815]
If you do not see this, you have not upgraded properly. Download 1.6.2 again, and upload the contents of the Upload folder again, and make sure the files overwrite your current files.
(2011-03-03, 02:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No you're not looking in the right place Undecided It's under 'Optimize Database' in the menu on the left, which is what I said above...

If you do not see this, you have not upgraded properly. Download 1.6.2 again, and upload the contents of the Upload folder again, and make sure the files overwrite your current files.

Okay. I don't see that. That was simple Smile
What you say above I want to be clear on so I can keep off of here and not bother you.

Do I restore my 1.4.1 directoy and my 1.41 database (using the mysql dump I took) and then go through the upgrade again?

Thanks!
adamf7
Do, you don't need to do any of that, you just need to upload the files again. If you've renamed your admin folder, make sure the files in the 'admin' folder in the download go into your renamed admin folder. That might be what's happened here.
(2011-03-03, 02:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Do, you don't need to do any of that, you just need to upload the files again. If you've renamed your admin folder, make sure the files in the 'admin' folder in the download go into your renamed admin folder. That might be what's happened here.

Good catch! Lightbulb That sounds very plausible. Thanks again. Big Grin

adamf7

(2011-03-03, 02:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Do, you don't need to do any of that, you just need to upload the files again. If you've renamed your admin folder, make sure the files in the 'admin' folder in the download go into your renamed admin folder. That might be what's happened here.

The renamed adminsuper folder is what got me.... copied the files from admin to adminsuper and was good to go. Confused