MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to manage moderation groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to everybody,

this is the first time I write here, i really need your help this time.

I'm the admin of this site: http://www.royalgame.org/forum.php
(yeas, i am italian, so let me apologize for my bad english...)

My problem is that I can't add any moderation group to any forum.
If I try to give "moderation's powers" to a group, the panel tells me: "The specified username/group was not found."
[Image: asdm.png]
I tried with every group of users and, from what i can see, every forum gives me the same error.

what can i do?
my site is completely useless if i can't manage the moderation groups!

If this can help: I updated my mybb version from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 this week, i can't really remember the exact day.

Can you help me please?
Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > does it say any files are changed??
i get this list of changed files:
[Image: dfgne.png]
Upload a new copy of ./xmlhttp.php from a fresh download. I'd also upload fresh versions of the other PHP files there if you haven't knowingly edited them.
done, but nothing has changed... i get the same problem and the same list of changed files ._.
Then you've not uploaded them properly if it's still saying they're changed... it does say 1.6.2 on the ACP home page, right??
no, ok. now it works. i uploaded all the php files inside the folder named "upload" from the version upgrade package.
now, in the list of changed files i can find only the images and the index.php and portal.php files (but i edited them in order to see the portal as homepage).

anyway... the problem persists ._.
i still can't change the moderation groups of any forum.

yes, i can read 1.6.2 from my panel homepage.
PM me admin login details... the feature works fine if the files are up to date.
ok, done
OK, it seems to be because your forum language is se to Italian and the ACP is set to English. It's due to the way the form has to be autofilled. It's not the best way of doing it but we've already changed how it works for the next maintenance release. For now, when it autofills the usergroup name, change 'Gruppo Utenti' in the text box to 'Usergroup' and it'll work.
Pages: 1 2