MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i would like to know if there is a way to the signature be always enabled
Hello friend

go to admin CP panel then Configuration then Board SettingsUser Registration and Profile Options then disable

Allow MyCode in Signatures
Do you want to allow MyCode to be used in users' signatures?

Thanks
Regards
no, i would like to the signature checkbox be always enebled
I wanted to do exactly the same thing, I did the following (its not great, since the user can use firebug / jsinjection to uncheck the signature, but its good enought for me for now)

update the following templates, edit:
editpost
newreply
newthread
showthread_quickreply

AND CHANGE:
Quote:<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>

TO:
Quote:<span style="display:none">
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6" checked="checked" /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
</span>

I also updated the follwing in functions_post.php:

if($post['includesig'] != 0 && $post['username'] && $post['signature'] != "" && ($mybb->user['uid'] == 0 || $mybb->user['showsigs'] != 0) && ($post['suspendsignature'] == 0 || $post['suspendsigtime'] < TIME_NOW))

to :
if($post['includesig'] != 0 && $post['username'] && ($mybb->user['uid'] == 0 || $mybb->user['showsigs'] != 0) && ($post['suspendsignature'] == 0 || $post['suspendsigtime'] < TIME_NOW))

you might also want to update the template usercp_editsig

<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="enable" />&nbsp;{$lang->enable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="disable" />&nbsp;{$lang->disable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="0" checked="checked" />&nbsp;{$lang->leave_sig_settings}</label></span>

to:
<span style="display:none">
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="enable" checked="checked"/>&nbsp;{$lang->enable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="disable" />&nbsp;{$lang->disable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="0"  />&nbsp;{$lang->leave_sig_settings}</label></span>
</span>

This is the hacky work around that I did, but as I say.... do at your own risk