MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to import
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am thinking to change my forum web host, i use host1free.com and i would like to know how can i import my forum to another webhost keeping the informations, like post, thread, general configurations, plugins and etc ... to simplify how to change the host keeping everything except the domain which i will change ...
Download a backup of the site, by going to cPanel (if you have it), and click 'Backup Wizard', create that backup then reupload the files to the new host.
can't i just download the fórum folder ?
(2011-03-03, 06:00 PM)Reckz Wrote: [ -> ]can't i just download the fórum folder ?

You could, but then you wouldn't have the database.

Go to MyBB Admin CP --> Tools & Maintenance -> Database Backups to download a backup of MyBB.
ok, i did that, so if i have the backup and forum folder what should i do now to put the fforum in another host with another domain ?
Just make an FTP account on the new host. Upload the files. Install MyBB and import the backup via phpmyadmin.
when you say to install what do you mean ? i have to upload the forum folder and then download the install folder from mybb.com and install it ?
(2011-03-03, 06:56 PM)Reckz Wrote: [ -> ]when you say to install what do you mean ? i have to upload the forum folder and then download the install folder from mybb.com and install it ?

Does this new host have phpmyadmin?
yes it does