MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show Birthday at index with zero year value?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Matt and community,

There´s a birthday today and didn´t show up. Then went to edit and enter his year of birth in MCP in order to check it out, and then showed up.

I guess in order to show up at index is mandatory to include the year. Confused

Is there a way to show birthdays at index without having the users to include their year of birth?

I´m asking the "How to", because I´m using your birthday plugin, the one required at registration, and my setting there, are "Enter at least day and month".

Thank you.
It doesn't need the year, it just won't show an age if there's no year. It works OK on my localhost with no year.
It´s weird...

At the begin it was not showing nothing at all, then showed up the member with his age after I entered his year of birth. After reading your fast post, I went back again to his profile, removed the year and now it shows up at index, the member with no age included.

It´s like my board is acting backwards lol

Should I run some "Tools & Maintenance" regarding users...rebuild-count, cache or something?

...just wondering.

Edited: I was checking the birthday stats over here and all are shown with age for example. The ones that didn´t include their year, are not included in the list.

You don't need to rebuild anything like that... what's the birthday privacy set to?? I just checked here and it only shows with no year if the date of birth privacy is set to 'Display Age nd date of Birth'.
Matt,

I don´t have such option in my ACP and nor in MCP. I have 3 options in my UCP and the one set is "Display Age and Date of Birth" here in Mybb forums, and in my forum as well (by default). All I´m saying is if a user decides not to include his year of birth, and if in ACP the birthdays are enabled for index page. Those who didn´t include the year of birth, they are not showing up.

They do show up only if the year of birth is included, at index page here at Mybb forums all birthday people shows up only with his age. Maybe is the way it is and that´s why I was asking how I could retrieve those users who doesn´t include their year of birth to index since I´m using Birth at registration plugin set only to allow at least input day and month.

If your privacy birthday settings are the same as me, and if you see at index page, birthdays with no age, or year...then I´m seeing something different from here.

Quote:Today's Birthdays
silenceway (35), Micheal90 (31), kbilliestaffordx (30), caseyb (28), Munnday (25), FirefoxWiz (18) - 2 Hidden

The 2 hidden are the ones who should have set "Hide Age and date of Birth". The rest of the ppl shown are the ones who include their respective years of birth. Those who didn´t include the year, they are not in the list. Or in the list I´m viewing.

Going back what happened to me:

1.- heracles´s birthday was yesterday.

2.- At index heracles birthday wasn´t there.

3.- I edited heracles profile in MCP and included his year. He did not wanted to include his year of birth when he registered.

4.- At index, heracles now is at index birthday showing: "heracles (44)"

5.- I went back to heracles profile at MCP and removed his year of birth.

6.- At index, heracles was still at index birthday showing this time: "heracles".

What I would like to achieve is point number 6 without having to do steps 2 to 5 in every user of the board specially if in my settings at birthday at registration plugin, the year can be omited.

Sorry for the long reply but tomorrow I will be flying for some work in the middle of some jungle in the amazon with no internet.

Thanks.