MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Give rights of this specific thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to give rights to every user group to "view new post" and "view today's post " to view them. I haven't made any setting, but some user groups aren't able to view that, kindly guide how to give them access. Thanks
Uh, all users should be able to do that... do they get a no permissions page when trying to view it or something else?
yes they get no permission page
The only time search.php will give this error like this is if the usergroup doesn't have permission to search.
but how i can give them permission? where should i go? as i groups there is nothing like that, or it is? kindly guide
ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Forums and Posts > Can search forums? > this should be ticked.
(2011-03-04, 10:18 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Forums and Posts > Can search forums? > this should be ticked.
it is ticked still this is arriving Sad
To rule out plugins as a cause of this issue, please try the following. In ./inc/init.php, find the code:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

After this code, add this:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Then save and/or reupload this edited version of the file so the forum will run the new code.

This edit will stop plugins being run when a page on the forum is loaded; it will not edit, delete or reset any content the plugin has added or changed, it will just temporarily stop the plugins being loaded, so some features on your forum may be temporarily missing or broken whilst this code is in place. When you remove this code, plugins will work again exactly as they were before. This change helps us to see if a plugin is the cause of a problem, without you having to manually deactivate every single plugin, which would mean you may lose data from them.

If your issue is fixed when this code is added, then the cause of your issue is a plugin; please post a list of your plugins and we will try and help you find which one it may be. If the problem still happens with this code added, then it is unlikely a plugin is the cause, in which case we will investigate the issue further.

Thank you.
Ok sure i'll do that