MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Hosting Server Changed =
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi bros !!

I have recently changed my hosting server and copied all materials through FTP copy and also inported the old database in the new server through PHP MyAdmin .... But now the problem arises and I m unable to connect through the new server (showing SQL error (database).... So bro plzz tell me what modification i have to made in the php files ?? and where i should give the new database username and password (in which file) plzzz help me with this ... plzzzzzzzzzzz

in ./inc/config.php is where yuou will find database details.
have you also changed your domain.
no domain is same bro....
then you just need to edit config.php
bro i have done it , its now showing.....

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (41)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
plzz help me bro !!!!
Did you copy all files over to new host what is your url
When transferring a host,
there are two files need to edit, settings.php & config.php: both located in /inc folder
What exactly needs editing in settings as the domain hasn't changed.
Just had a peek into the MyBB code. That error message only shows up if the inc/config.php file doesn't exists or $config['database'] is missing.

Use this code as a template to rebuild your config.php file. Make sure you backup your old config.php file.
Thanksfor that i thought it was wierd that settings.php had to be edited.