MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Copyright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I make my own pages (code my own PHP pages for my website) and use the same CSS and same format as the Template my forum is using, do I have to include the MyBB copyright for my website?
For the CSS, I wouldn't think so, as anyone who knows their color hex codes can basically come up with the same colouring as mybb uses without them even knowing that it's being used by them.

But, with the layout, I'm not so sure. I think you would only put the copyright in if you are using any part of mybb's source code (core files - the forums main files).
I have own custom pages that I made, its uses the CSS. Now I wasn't sure about the copyright so I just use the MyBB copyright along with mine.

Marc
Well I'd say just on the forum. But thats my opinion, afterall MyBB didn't create the content, you did. I dunno, Chris may have a different opinion.
Only on the forum is fine, as thats what MyBB really is, the forum..
Ok, it's just that I'm using some of the images as well, like the tcat, thead backgrounds, so I just wanted to make sure first Smile