MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change registration link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was just wondering if there was an easy way to change all the registration links by editing one file, rather then having to search through?

Im using a bridge to connect my forum to my video site, and want people to sign up using the video registration page rather then the mybb page.

Im guessing the link would probably be in the languages section, can anyone point me in the right direction?
It would be in your templates.

My board is down right now (thanks x10) so I can't tell you where...
The link is in header_welcomeblock_guest.
Change the header_welcomeblock_guest. The register link should be in there.

Edit:
That's what I get for idling on a page for 20 minutes. Toungue
Edit the template header_welcomeblock_guest.

Toungue
Thanks everyone, Really appreciated Smile
Hi Everyone,

Ive tried changing the link, but for some reason its still showing the old link?! Have I dont it correctly?

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"http://www.cheesymoments.co.uk/register.html">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
	lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>

That should also be in the header_welcomeblock_guest. You need to change those links as well.
Hi Joshua,

Many thanks for that, its worked a charm! Wasnt expecting there to be another piece of code hiding away!