MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows XP keyboard drivers problem [ Techies, help me please ^^ ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not in the mood to sign up for yet another techie forum which I'll never visit again and know that there are much more knowledgeable people here so I ask the question here...

My PC will sometimes beep and it kills every control over my keyboard ( lights like numlock will stay lit even when pressed, when unplugged they wont light up again ).

I've identified the problem is with the 101/102 PS/2 Drivers provided by windows XP for keyboards.

The funny thing is, when my keyboard blanks out and I can still go to the desktop with my mouse ( or use VNC from my laptop and ALT+F4 or ALT+TAB to get there, only reason I have VNC Blush ) I can solve it again by going to configuration -> Keyboard -> hardware -> Removing drivers/reversing to previous drivers, which obviously never had another...

When this happens, I hear a beep again and everything works, until I hear another beep and have to do this process over again.

It's completely random, but mostly happens at keyboard intensive things.
Such as FPS games, Minecraft ( lots of wasd ) or simply by typing something in google to look for.

This has been happening since a long time ( half a year ? ) but the last two months the problem intensified.
I already can confirm the PS/2 port is in order and have tried multiple keyboards from multiple manufacturers.

So does anyone know how to either:
-Fix the drivers
-Replace the drivers
-Identify what causes the drivers to fail ( conflict somewhere ) ?
-Any other solution which works is also taken for granted.

Hope anyone here can help me, thanks in advance.
Have you tried using a USB keyboard? If it's the PS/2 drivers that are buggy, using a different port type should work, or at least work better.
Will try to lend/buy an USB keyboard and see if that fixes the issue. thanks for the tip !