MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't want to upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a mysql error about upgrading to 1.6.2 but I don't want to how do I dismiss this warning?
You won't get any errors about upgrading just out of the blue. What does it actually say?? If it's the one saying 'your board has not yet been upgraded, please do so before attempting to browse it', that'll only come up if you've already uploaded the new files but there's an upgrade script that hasn't been run. That's not going to just randomly suddenly come up.

And why on earth would you not want to upgrade to a new security release??
IU just don't feel the necessity to do so...
and yes thats the error
(error 42)
and I didn't even upload the files...
You don't feel the need to update to a security release?? A release that fixes 2 medium risk security vulnerabilities and one low risk issue?? Well I really don't know what to say to that. Maybe you'll see the need when somebody exploits the issues that we've fixed...??

And anyway, you will have done something for it to be showing this, it's not going to just show that suddenly for no reason. It'll only come up if you're upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.6.x, 1.6.0 to 1.6.1, or 1.6.0 to 1.6.2, and you didn't run the upgrade script. Look at the code for yourself and you'll see how it works. Run the upgrade script and choose 1.6.0 from the list to get it to go, but you will have done something to cause this, and you definitely shouldn't stay on an older version because you "don't see the need" to upgrade.