MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rebrand/Rename all Instances of the Reputation System.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I am creating a forum. It is for an online game for kids/teens. With kids/teens comes spammers, racism and abusers, simply people that are unaware of how forums work, and unaware that rules are in place and staff enforce them.

To combat all this, I have verification levels on my forum. These are simply usergroups called "XX% Verified", where the XX is either 0, 25, 50, 75 or 100. As a user goes up the Verified levels they have more rights, such as when reaching 25% Verified, their posts are no longer moderated, for example.

To make it possible, I use the built in reputation system. Basically, my staff look around the forums, and any good behaviour they see gets rewarded. My staff give the user a rep. When a user reaches XX rep, they get put in the next group up using the Group Promotions thing built into MyBB.

The support comes in as I am trying to completely rebrand/change the reputation system to a "Verification Points" system. I cannot find the correct Lang Files and Templates to edit, to change the whole lot of "Reputation" to "Verification Points". How can I do this?

Kind Regards,

-Groovy
The language file you're looking for is from your MyBB's root > inc > languages > english (assuming that's your language) > reputation.lang.php. I can't think of any templates that would need modifying. You can modify it by going to your admin panel then > Configuration > Languages. Then click Options > Edit Local Variables on English (American) (or another language). Then click edit on reputation.lang.php.