MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Improve 'Search' and create 'Mark as read'-function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
uhmmm.....this thread just turned 1-year old and there's still no comment on whether the 'search for phrases' is accepted or rejected....
Unfortunately the way that the search performs in PR2 will almost exactly be the way in Gold, however, Chris is trying out MySQL's fulltext support and we will likely see an implementation of that as well as improvement to the forum search in the next feature version after Gold.

Remember that between PR2 and Gold, the features are frozen.
oh I understand this but I figured that a problem/feature I suggested back in Oct-21 in 2004 would've had plenty of time to either include or reject...instead it was largely ignored.
At least give me a verdict so I can ask someone else to help if necessary (like I did with getting the birthday and membage issue solved)

Now don't get me wrong, I believe you guys are doing a bang on job but these issues are important to me and I felt I was left hanging on here a tad too long.

cheers,
Kimmo
I can make a mod, or as I might be busy in coming weeks, give someone else code to make the mod. I've just finished creating a full-text search feature for a client and could put the code to use here.
Well, our plans are to, after we release 1.0, to redevelop the search system to support both MySQL fulltext searching as well as (optionally) our own custom search index based system.

The reason why this wasn't incorporated was because we were busy fixing bugs with the software and none of us had really looked into these search technologies.

Now that we've looked into a bit and know the general direction (and parts of the logic) we're going to be working on improving the search feature and releasing a beta for you guys to test sometime after 1.0.

Sorry about the delay on this,

Chris
no worries...glad to know it's being addressed and at least I know not to hold my breath over it for it being part of 1.0
It's at least better than uncertainty.

cheers,
Kimmo Smile
Pages: 1 2