MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Networking Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I want to start a portfolio website. I have a couple features in mind that I'm pretty sure no one else has, and I just want a base. I want a social networking software that has the basics. I don't need feeds or walls, just really basic profiles and good extensibility. Does anyone know of a good software?
SocialEngine.net seems pretty good, although it is paid.
Wordpress + Buddypress?
you can also use elgg....
Joomla is a great CMS that has tons of Social Network plugins, many of which are free, such as Community Builder.
Elgg looks like it docent have an active plugin community, BuddyPress is what I'm usin now and it is okay, but I'll have to write a lot of custom code for it (not that that's a problem, I just want to get this launched as soon as possible), I couldn't find many good social networking plugins for Joomla, and Social engine has everything I need, br it's paid.
(2011-03-06, 02:36 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]...Does anyone know of a good software?

MyBB is a great choice Smile
There is a MyNetwork plugin which finally had the Beta release, and I need to test it soon.

Edit: MyNetwork has big plans and isn't finished yet.