MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Connecting MyBB Forum usernames/passwords to Ajax chat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm stuck at this point....

I would like to connect the user names AND passwords from my forum (located HERE: sweetcharm.net/forums/portal.php) to my Ajax chat which is located HERE: [url=http://sweetcharm.net/forums/chat//url])

What file do I have to edit to make this happen? Why is there an error code? I'm using version 0.8.3 for ajax.

I've tried looking at various tutorials but nothing seems to be clear about linking MyBB forum names/passwords to the ajax chat.

Please help or direct me to a guide that explains this more clearly - preferably not source forge..unless I'm totally missing something on there Confused
There is no guide to look for
If you install ajax chat correctly, you will end up logging into chat with your mybb username/password
Moreover, you can integrate ajx chat into index page wusing a Plugin posted into the Development forum
Are you using the MyBB bridged version:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-cha...p/download

That should work fine. I had it running with MyBB no problem the other day. It's a server hog though. With only a few users on it my dedicated server was getting overloaded, so make sure your host supports this. Smile
Hi

I am also having problems with this version on my 1.6.2 MyBB board.

getting errors when rendering the chat page and the shoutbox isnt working.

please check my error details HERE

can you help?
@BMR & Katib: Where did you install the chat file? Or does that not matter. I don't have mine in the 'forums' folder or anything like that...

I will double check to make sure I am using the version you posted.
Mine was installed at sitename.com/forum/chat and worked fine. I wasn't using the plugin where it is embedded in the forums, just where users go to the URL and they get logged in with the MyBB username. Smile
I put a thread up a while back, you can read HERE.

Downloading the MyBB version sorted my problem out.

For Info:

I have installed the chat in the MyBB folder.

Now updated to MyBB 1.6.2 and chat working fine and is fully integrated with the forum database.

you will find that it will add 4 tables to the top of your MyBB database which will then let you know it is integrated properly. Smile
I have version 1.6.2 for mybb, and the newest ajax chat. the 'chat' folder is completely uploaded and installed in my forum's folder, yet it still doesn't pull usernames from the mybb forum.

I know there is a section of code where you can write 'Null' or "mysql"....does this matter? I didn't think my MyBB forum was using a MySQL...
(2011-03-21, 07:30 PM)Clover Wrote: [ -> ]I have version 1.6.2 for mybb, and the newest ajax chat. the 'chat' folder is completely uploaded and installed in my forum's folder, yet it still doesn't pull usernames from the mybb forum.

I know there is a section of code where you can write 'Null' or "mysql"....does this matter? I didn't think my MyBB forum was using a MySQL...

Is it the MyBB version of AJAX Chat?

You need to edit the config file before running the install otherwise it has no idea which database to connect to. Undecided
Yes, I'm using the Ajax version of MyBB. It just doesn't seem to connect...

is it okay if the chat is on a totally separate page than my forum?

I get this error message when I try to go to the index.php:
Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: Error-Code:

and this when I try to go to the install.php:
Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:
Pages: 1 2