MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can not login in E8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I deleted all cookies, & I am accepting cookies. This makes no sense, I can login to this Mybb on Explorer 8, but I can't log on to my Mybb on Explorer 8.

This logic points to to problem not being with Explorer 8 Cookies doesn't it.

Can you log on to my forum from your Explorer 8?http://www.youngsorchard.com/Forum

User (Admin): gonetomontana
password: peaches

Again I can login just fine using Sea Monkey Browser

Thank you
Yep, try clearing your history. And for future reference dont get admin account out unless trusted.
Works just fine for me in IE8. It's something about your installation or setup of IE8.
I cleaned the history. I cleaned the cookies. I cleaned everything. You are not listening. I can login to this board with E8, but not my board with E8.
All I did when that happened is just cleared all the info from history including passwords. Worked just fine.
How am I not listening?? I know you can login here and not there, but if other people can login to your board fine, but you can't, it's clearly something on your end somewhere.
Change browsers if its not working.. If you cleared history with passwords and stuff like that and its still not working contact your host.
I will start over. I should have stayed with 1.4.4. I am at the end of my ability I guess. I build web pages, I write PHP programs, I build MYsql databases. I have been working with Db's since 1985 with DB II.
I am a master with Excel. But I am out of my capabilities with upgrading from 1.4.4 to 1.6.2.

Thanks

If you come up with any other Ideas, post them here, I will continue to monitor this Thread.

Best Wishes

Steve
o.O This is nothing to do with upgrading in any way whatsoever, this is a fresh install!! And you certainly shouldn't stay on such an old and insecure version of MyBB. There's just something wrong with your browser somewhere, that's all, other people can login to your forum with IE8 fine, the forum itself works fine. Try it in InPrivate mode, does it work then??
I deleted IE 8, Downloaded IE 8 again. installed it and nothing has changes. I can log in here, why can I log in here and not on my version
?
(2011-03-06, 09:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]o.O This is nothing to do with upgrading in any way whatsoever, this is a fresh install!! And you certainly shouldn't stay on such an old and insecure version of MyBB. There's just something wrong with your browser somewhere, that's all, other people can login to your forum with IE8 fine, the forum itself works fine. Try it in InPrivate mode, does it work then??

Eureka!!!!! I am loged in as Admin in IE 8
I loged in using sea monkey browser, created a new admin account, Deleted all the history & cookies in IE 8 again and I am in.

Thank all of you for your attention. You really respond fast and on a Sunday. More than expected.

Best Wishes,

Steve