MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Days Remaining On Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did make the above edits again. It didn't solve the problem.
Clear your browser's cache. Make a force refresh.
I've tried that as well...

I've checked every theme to make sure the code is there, and it is.

I've also taken the showthread.php and double checked that, well more like triple now, but it's all there as it should be.

I've tried different computers and browsers and even asked a couple of my members if they were seeing the date and it's just... not there.

I'm confused and a little sad and a little hungry. Sad
Alright, can you please paste the lines from showthread.php file around 385 - 400 ?
Gladly...

// Does this thread have a poll?
	if($thread['poll'])
	{
		$options = array(
			"limit" => 1
		);
		$query = $db->simple_select("polls", "*", "pid='".$thread['poll']."'", $options);
		$poll = $db->fetch_array($query);
		$poll['timeout'] = $poll['timeout']*60*60*24;
        $expiretime = $poll['dateline'] + $poll['timeout'];
        $enddate = my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $poll['dateline'] + $poll['timeout']);
        $endtime = my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $poll['dateline']);  

// If the poll or the thread is closed or if the poll is expired, show the results.
		if($poll['closed'] == 1 || $thread['closed'] == 1 || ($expiretime < $now && $poll['timeout'] > 0))
		{
			$showresults = 1;
		}
Alright, can you p[lease give me the URL of the Poll from your board ? Also if you wish you can PM me your ACP details so I could take a look on the code there.
I've take a look at your Poll's page and its working fine here.
[attachment=23022]

It looks like that your browser's cache and cookies needs to be cleared. make force refresh with pressing the SHIFT button as well.
Here's what I'm seeing when I look at it.

The poll you've got pictured is the poll in the actual thread. I'm using a plugin called "Poll On Index". The poll that isn't showing me the date is the one on index.php as you'll see below.

I didn't think this would be a plugin problem but I've got to admit that I didn't bother to check both the thread poll and the index poll. The plugin is supposed to pull the poll directly with it's ID#.

[attachment=23027]
Alright, you need to edit the plugin file too to display ending time and date.

Open plugin file and find;
		$expiretime = $poll['dateline'] + $poll['timeout'];
and Add the following code just below that;
        $enddate = my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $poll['dateline'] + $poll['timeout']);
        $endtime = my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $poll['dateline']);

It'll display ending time and date on the Index as well Wink
my contribution: modification of http://community.mybb.com/thread-89754-p...#pid655594

with this modification, resolve an bug this plugin...

in ./showthread.php you make the same modification of http://community.mybb.com/thread-89754-p...#pid655594

in global.css of your theme add in new line of end the page

.poll_timeout_0, .poll_timeout_ {
display: none;
}

in ACP > Templates > Showthread Templates > showthread_poll > and find;

{$lang->poll} {$poll['question']}</strong>

and add the following code just after that;

<br/>
<span class="poll_timeout_{$poll['timeout']}"><div class="smalltext">This poll will end on {$enddate}, {$endtime}</div></span>

Similarly open "showthread_poll_results" template and find;

{$lang->poll} {$poll['question']}</strong>

and add the following code just after that;

<span class="poll_timeout_{$poll['timeout']}"><div class="smalltext">This poll will end on {$enddate}, {$endtime}</div></span>
Pages: 1 2