MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Problem line 788
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had MyBB running about 2 years ago, but let it lapse. I want to start again with a new copy of the 1.6.2 generation. I have a good server that keeps all the latest of updates of SQL, PHP, etc. I uploaded my files, and changed the preferences.

Then I punched in "http://www.explore-lombok.com/forum/install/" and was expecting the Welcome Screen. Instead I got: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/explorel/public_html/forum/install/index.php on line 788".

Can anybody guess what is causing this error?

Thanks
Just upload a new copy of ./install/index.php from a fresh download, line 788 is mid way through the licence agreement, the file's just not been fully uploaded.
That was the problem. First time I have had a problem with FileZilla not completely uploading the full file. I see several other files also did not fully upload. I've been doing this a long time, and this is the first time I've seen a file that fails to completely upload.
Thanks
Usually just down to either your internet connection dropping out mid-way through a file or the server jumping onto another file.

I rarely upload the whole of MyBB via FTP, opting just to upload the zip via the control panel manager of my host and extracting.