MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 500 Internal on post import
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing around with a convert of phpbb3 to mybb and everything up to the importing of all the posts goes smoothly, but then I get a "500 Internal System Error" when doing the post import. There are just north of 50,000 posts and I am doing them at a rate of 1000 at a time. I checked my server logs and didn't see anything, but there is not telling what I may have missed. I would appreciate any help I can get with this.

Thanks
This is not something we can help you with, as it is an error with your web server. You'll need to contact your host.

More Information
Yea, I figured as much. As the server is a VPS, I will hunt down the error I was just hoping for some possibilities.

On another note, I went ahead and bypassed the post import for now and tried to import the private messages and get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method PHPBB3_Converter_Module_Privatemessages::get_pm_status() in /www/mybb/convert/boards/phpbb3/privatemessages.php on line 95
any ideas on this one?
You may want to check the bug/development tracker before posting Wink

Bug #1463 covers this, and you can use the fix provided therein.
Sorry about that, I am new to MyBB and between trying to get my phpbb3 board converted and learning the website I missed that. I will look through and see what I can find. Hopefully I won't have to bug you again, but I cannot promise it Big Grin
Well, "bug" all you want Wink

That way things get fixed Smile
LMAO.....it was a mistake to say that Smile

The bug report for the PM import worked perfectly!! Much appreciated.

Now, I looked at my error.log for my lighttpd server and I found the report for the post import dying. Here we go:
2011-03-08 18:05:29: (mod_fastcgi.c.2568) unexpected end-of-file (perhaps the fastcgi process died): pid: 20310 socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0
2011-03-08 18:05:29: (mod_fastcgi.c.3356) response not received, request sent: 1680 on socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0 for /mybb/convert/index.php?, closing connection
2011-03-08 18:05:34: (mod_fastcgi.c.2568) unexpected end-of-file (perhaps the fastcgi process died): pid: 20310 socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0
2011-03-08 18:05:34: (mod_fastcgi.c.3356) response not received, request sent: 1729 on socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0 for /mybb/convert/index.php?, closing connection
2011-03-08 18:05:59: (mod_fastcgi.c.2568) unexpected end-of-file (perhaps the fastcgi process died): pid: 20310 socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0
2011-03-08 18:05:59: (mod_fastcgi.c.3356) response not received, request sent: 1255 on socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0 for /mybb/convert/index.php?, closing connection
2011-03-08 18:06:37: (mod_fastcgi.c.2568) unexpected end-of-file (perhaps the fastcgi process died): pid: 20310 socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0
2011-03-08 18:06:37: (mod_fastcgi.c.3356) response not received, request sent: 1680 on socket: unix:/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket-0 for /mybb/convert/index.php?, closing connection

Do you think I am going to have to temporarily disable fastcgi? The only bug report that seems to even closely resemble this problem is Bug #825, but it was rejected so I am not sure if it would do me any good.

Just to let you know, I a doing this on a complete whim cause I got tired of coding so much for phpbb3 whenever I wanted to change/add something and I really like the looks of MyBB. So, there is no hurry as I am going to have to be completely ready before I complete the switch since it is a somewhat active site. So, in other words, we can be as lazy as possible working on this and I LOVE laziness Wink

Thanks a lot for your help so far!!
Yes, it looks like your fastCGI server is dying off for some reason. Some quick Google playing seems to point to problems with eAccelerator, so maybe you should look into disabling that first and then fcgi if you have to.
Well, after messing with it for a while, I finally just said screw it and installed a copy of litespeed. Then I recompiled php for it and used that server to convert. All went well then, so I know it's a setting the php.ini, but I wasn't in the mood to look for it. I may later on though.

So, now I am on to the process of figuring out how I am going to fix the many problems that are going to happen cause I had quite a few mods on my phpbb site. Good thing there is no hurry.......

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!