MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all ! I am new to myBB and I am running latest version 1.6.2,

-I was successfully able to install Aardvark theme, but where the main logo of site is located ?

-currently I am running on a test server to learn all things. I am making changes as required, now I want to get the config file and when I start my forum on my final server, can I simply use that config file and use the settings as I defined in test forum ?

-which is the theme being used here ? I like this very much Smile

Still more doubts to come, thank you in advance Smile
Go to ACP>Templates and Style>Aardvark and settings and info will be there

I think so...

The theme here is a modified version of the default theme.

are you running the test forum on the same domain as the final server, the files and database you can transfer over to the final server, you will just need to edit the config.php to enter the new database details.

If you need help moving the files over to the final server post up a question and we will be more than happy to guide.
Thank you guys ! and yeah, it is same server. Just running it and playing it around about settings and all. Is there any good tutorials except wiki ? [started reading wiki now, now thinking to learn more]

also how can I modify my theme as this site's ? The newpost / reply lay out is so cool.

seriously wasn't expecting reply in just 5 mins ! I am loving myBB Big Grin
it is just the default mybb theme that comes with the software and has had a few things modified.
Thank you Smile

-is there any way to find out which all plugins are being used in this forum ?
-I want to have a sub forum / category :
-which should be visible to mods/admins only
-all reported posts should appear here [it happens in vBulletin]
Instead of having reported posts populate in a moderator forum, MyBB has an excellent report tracking system in the ModCP. Take a look and see what you think. Personally, I think that it is a bit more sophisticated that vB's auto-post system (though, I do use auto-posted reports on my vB forums).
Thank you for replying Smile

Is it possible to have Mods of forum shouldn't see the ip address of Members ?

sorry for bumping, was down with fever Sad
Pretty sure you can do all the things you suggested in ACP lol Smile
(2011-03-09, 06:22 PM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]-is there any way to find out which all plugins are being used in this forum ?

There are very few plugins used here, that regular members see anyway - the main one is MySupport

(2011-03-09, 06:22 PM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]-I want to have a sub forum / category :
-which should be visible to mods/admins only
-all reported posts should appear here [it happens in vBulletin]

You'll need a plugin for that, there are a few about.

(2011-03-16, 01:01 PM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have Mods of forum shouldn't see the ip address of Members ?

You'll need a plugin for that too.
Pages: 1 2 3