MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting errors for loads of different plugins when I try to visit their page on the admincp panel:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /spam/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8m DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at spambb.com Port 80

This only happened after I changed hosts but the owner of the host who is my co-admin said that it wasn't anything to do with the host. I've also tried reinstalling the plugins but I still get the error.
Technically, that's a 403. What version of MyBB are you running?? If it's 1.6, do you have any plugins using the old 1.4 style Admin URL's?? Have you contacted the host to get mod_security disabled on your account??
Well all were taken from the plugins page so I would have thought they were the latest version made ones and I'll contact my host.
Not everybody has updated their plugins to 1.6 properly. It is technically to do with the host as the URLs you're visiting are conflicting with mod_security which is an Apache extension on the server, but we changed the URL structure so it wouldn't be a problem anymore.
Well I've upgraded to the latest version but I still get the problem.
Yes, as I said in my post, if people haven't updated their plugins properly, and they still have the old URL style, it will still cause problems. We've fixed the problem in MyBB itself, which is why you don't get the error in the default MyBB sections of the ACP, but we can't fix other people's code.
Okay. Is it easy to edit it myself or is it more advanced?
In the plugins, there will be code for URLs that contain any one of these:

module=config/
module=forum/
module=user/
module=style/
module=tools/

The / here needs to be changed to a -