MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix microSD card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I sort of broke my microSD drive after writing a Chromium OS image into it, which I never tested anyway. I tried to fix it by double-clicking both drives (apparently it was partitioned in 2 drives during the image writing) and Format them both, but it just emptied all the files. Then I tried to follow a tutorial on how to Restore a USB drive (using the linux method) and now Ubuntu won't even recognize the microSD card.

Just for the record I insert the microSD card in a T-Flash Card Reader, so it's kinda like a USB drive. I also tried inserting it in a microSD adapter but it didn't recognize it either. How can I fix it? No data was lost, I just want to clean it all up and be able to use it. Like if I were wiping my hard drive.

Have you tried GParted? Or, under Windows, the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool? In either one, be sure you pick the right drive (especially in GParted where it lists ALL of the drives, not just external ones).

GParted is more powerful in that you can choose just about any partitioning scheme (like MBR vs GPT), but many of the simpler devices (i.e. cell phones and cameras) that read microSD are usually only capable of reading a single FAT32 partition on a MBR scheme.
What he said. I live by gParted lol. Also, on one of my flash drives, I needed to manually mount it on Ubuntu.
If your on a Mac then use Disk Utility, that's what I Use. Works Great.
Oh, forgot about this. I fixed it just a few minutes after Firestryke31 posted.

I used Ubuntu's default Disk Utility to delete the partitions and format it quickly. It's working great now, thanks!