MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ways to get traffic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm wondering does anyone know good ways to get more traffic on my site.

Currently I'm doing some advertising and I submitted my site on google, yahoo and some others.
Tweet your site on twitter.com , Publish your site on your facebook wall etc.
Don't run a website about computers/technology. There's enough of them already. Yeesh.
(2011-03-09, 02:35 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Don't run a website about computers/technology. There's enough of them already. Yeesh.

I do agree, but obviously everyone should host something he knows about and is interested about.

As for the rest, I'll check them out.
Answer this question: what unique, compelling content do you have that other tech sites don't? If you don't have an adequate answer for this, all the "strategies" in the world won't help you.
I don't have one yet, but what matters as said before is the discussion, it needs to be something the webmaster knows about.
(2011-03-09, 03:17 PM)Barathrum Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have one yet,

Then there is no point in asking this question.
(2011-03-09, 04:46 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-09, 03:17 PM)Barathrum Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have one yet,

Then there is no point in asking this question.

There are many sites for pretty much any subject you can find, yet you'll still find new webmasters with that topic to have good amounts of members.

Like a recent programming forum, 6 months over 2k active members.
That's not what I'm getting at. If you have a technology forum, you either need a niche or you need compelling content (created by yourself or the community). You have neither. Even if you get people to come to your site, you have nothing to make them want to stay.
Pages: 1 2