MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Cookie rules for Europe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-03-09, 07:33 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-09, 07:32 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Not to be one but what does this actually matters ?
It basically tells you something you are already supposed to have or is atleast in any way moral to add towards your users...
But who would make a law about it? There's much more important stuff to do than sitting around a table coming up with stupid cookie laws.

Ofcourse, being a chavy englishmen, ruining the world as america, begging for jobs in Omam, being pissed off at losing Kosovo as serbia or trying to arrest a cartoonist or an australian journalist at false accusation...

So much more important !
Face it, nobody loses anything at making a law at this.
Same as they'd make a law about not being allowed to physically assault your neighbour, Common knowledge and there already is a law for it.
Why care ?
I'm curious how they expect to actually enforce this on sites hosted in other countries...
(2011-03-09, 09:20 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious how they expect to actually enforce this on sites hosted in other countries...
Yeah, exactly. Toungue
(2011-03-09, 09:20 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious how they expect to actually enforce this on sites hosted in other countries...

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean do I have to change anything being in the US with servers in the US?
(2011-03-10, 12:48 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean do I have to change anything being in the US with servers in the US?

Of course! You'll be sent to prison in france if you don't :p
(2011-03-09, 08:27 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]It will get shot down.

Unfortunately not. It's already EU directive, which means it will become law in the host countries within 12 weeks.

Thankfully, the UK doesn't really care. They're making sure the major browser makers (Mozilla, Google, Apple and Microsoft) have options in their software that will stop tracking cookies - which FF4, Ch10, Safari 4(/5) and IE9 all have anyway, and that's enough for the Information Commissioner.
Well the UK law makes more sense than the other one.
Thanks pavemen, I've taken your advice and added a privacy page.

It will be interesting to see where this European cookie law leads us...
(2011-03-10, 11:07 PM)RArch Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks pavemen, I've taken your advice and added a privacy page.

It will be interesting to see where this European cookie law leads us...

cool. just be aware that my privacy policy is written around US law, and may not be compliant to your rules
what they are deciding about it i don't understand
Pages: 1 2 3