MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is a good member:staff ratio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is a good member to staff ratio?
While I don't think there's any actual number, I'd say that for purely moderation purposes 1 per 500 members is plenty. Obviously this number changes if you have people making directional decisions etc. Worldbeyblade.org has under 10 staff members doing absolutely everything.
It depends on activity and the nature of your forum. If you have a forum for a niche then it is unlikely to attract your everyday spammer. Or if it is a forum for friends only, it is less likely to need moderators.

Also, Admin:Other_Staff should be no less than 1:10, no point in having 3 admins and 1 moderator.
No more than necessary to handle the current situation. On self-sufficient, moderately-toned websites, you the ratio will probably be very high.
It all depends on the forum. However, 1 mod to every 20 active users may be good. Active users as in posting like 50+ posts per day...
50+? pretty sure I don't even post that much on my own board
My Staff Team - http://host4post.com/community/showteam.php
My Forum Statistics - http://host4post.com/community/stats.php

We have 13 Staff to almost 600 members, so that is.... around 46 members to 1 Staff member (1:46 Staff Member to Member)

At times when we have an active day, or week, it is a little hard to keep up with everything with the current staff.

That is just my 2 cents worth.
4 Super Moderators and almost 4,000 members, with about 1.3k-2k posts dsily.
(2011-03-10, 07:25 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]4 Super Moderators and almost 4,000 members, with about 1.3k-2k posts dsily.

I think this is about right. How many members are active?
(2011-03-10, 07:25 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]4 Super Moderators and almost 4,000 members, with about 1.3k-2k posts dsily.

Almost the same on my forum.. 4 moderators, 1 admin.. 2000 members + guest posting.

6-10k posts a day at the moment..

Usually there is 1 or 2 mods/admin on. Sometimes it's a battlefield lol regarding bans/deleting, but most of the days everybody is just having fun. A little trolling is to be expected on a forum like mine..

Pages: 1 2