MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with converting SMF 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem with converting SMF 2. When I get to post 831 nothing more happens the converter just freezes. I have the setting on importing 50 posts at a time.
Here is what it looks like: [attachment=21888]
Please turn off the option to convert to utf8 in the database configuration section.
How do I do this?
When ever I try to go to my merge are I get redirected to the post conversion...
You're using version 1.6.1 of the merge system?
(2011-03-09, 09:23 PM)hobbyplace Wrote: [ -> ]How do I do this?
When ever I try to go to my merge are I get redirected to the post conversion...

It is an option you can change when you begin the merge process. Disabling this fixed the issue for me (I had the same problem as you with my SMF 2 install).

Edit: you are redirected because the merge system is probably trying to continue the process. I've seen this happening and I "fixed" it by deleting my MyBB database and reinstalling the forum and starting the merge process over. I'm hoping there's an easier fix ;-)
There is an easier fix, which is why I'm asking him to verify he's using 1.6.1 (which he should be unless he disabled the version check)
i still got this problem???
(2011-03-11, 09:33 PM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]i still got this problem???

You have been denied support.